- Once you have selected the home or residence you want, from on line or our website, you will need to preview (walk-through) the property and then apply to lease the property. Applications can be picked up at the office, faxed to you or downloaded from this website. See next link “Download Application”. Remember, you must physically walk-through any rented properties.
- Our application must be completely filled out and signed. Our property managers are available Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to answer questions and help you with the application process. No one under 18 can apply as a party to a residential leasing agreement. Signatures on faxed copies are accepted.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of $55 for each adult. This fee is to cover our screening and processing costs. Application fees are funds separate from other deposits and may be in the form of a check.
- A holding deposit equal to one months rent must also accompany the completed application. These funds must be Cashier checks or certified funds only and made out in both “your name(s) or Russell Properties”. Screening process will not begin until the application, application fees and holding deposit have been received.
- You may put these funds through our mail slot at the front entrance door of our building located at 100 Crown Oak Centre Drive. Please make sure to put any funds in an envelope and mark ATTN: Russell Properties and the address of the property you wish to lease. If you are not approved the holding deposit is refunded in full.
- Most applications are processed in 1-2 business days. In addition to the application fee, a non-refundable administrative fee of $150 is collected at the signing of the lease. Our leases have been reviewed and prepared by an Attorney at Law to comply with Florida laws. This one-time fee covers our administrative expense and the cost of preparing your lease.
- Our screening process includes a review of references from your current and prior landlord(s). If the applicant doesn’t have landlords past or present we will be happy to help an applicant in choosing an appropriate reference.
- As part of the process we verify employment references and salary. For self-employed and non-employment income we verify sources and amounts. Examples of verification of non-employee income are: tax returns, bank and business references, government documents. An applicant’s income should be approximately three times the rental amount.
- The screening includes running a credit report on individuals and a joint credit report on married couples. If approved, applicants with recent bankruptcies and/or credit problems are required to make advance rent payments. Please discuss any questions or concerns over credit and/or background requirements with the property manager before submitting the application.
- Pets must have a “Pet Liability Insurance” policy… and are accepted or rejected based on the property owner’s sole discretion. Ask one of our property managers if pets are negotiable for the property being applied for. All applications with a pet must have an appropriate pet reference from someone who knows the condition of the property where the pet has previously lived. Prior landlords and/or realtors are examples of appropriate pet references. We do not accept puppies or kittens.
- Once approved, the holding deposit will hold the property until the lease is signed. However, if you change your mind, as per your application it is forfeited for liquidated damages and non-performance. Upon the signing of the lease the holding deposit will be applied towards the security/damage deposit and stated so in the lease agreement.
Areas We Serve
We serve homeowners and tenants in all of Seminole County and Orange County in Florida, including, but not limited to, the following cities: