Our Services at a Glance
- We do the bookkeeping. Our computer systems keep complete, accurate records of every income and expense that affects your property.
- Convenient Russell Properties monthly statements simplify the job of tax preparation for you and your accountant.
- Originals of all work orders and receipts are mailed with statements and additional copies are held in our files.
- We can make the mortgage payment on your property for you. This additional service is offered free of charge.
- We can deposit your check directly to your account.
- Thorough and comprehensive documentation is the key ingredient to good property management. It prevents confusion and gives everyone involved a clear understanding of what is expected. Written documentation is used to screen and lease, inspect and maintain the condition of your property. Pertinent financial information is also mailed to you.
- The Russell Properties Property Management contract defines our working relationship with property owners. It details the obligations and responsibilities of both parties.
- As a basis for general screening and the checking of rental references, every prospective tenant is required to complete a detailed Rental Application.
- Properties are carefully inspected with tenants and management at the time of rental. The appearance and physical condition, etc., are well documented and a Check-In Condition report is filed.
- In the event of non-payment or any other violation of our Lease Agreement, tenants are put on an official Notice to Vacate or asked to take immediate corrective action.
- Russell Properties prepares a Statement of Account to property owners every month. This record summarizes accounting transactions and accompanies payment checks.
- We provide qualified and reasonably priced personnel to properly perform maintenance tasks.
- We also closely control and supervise our maintenance work. We know what repairs should cost and how long they should take to complete.
- We protect the value of your investment by helping to maintain your property at current neighborhood standards.
- Our monthly management fee is payable when the rent payment is received. It is automatically deducted from your account at the time the rent payment is posted.
- Since one of our jobs is to keep your property occupied, there are no management fees charged as long as your property remains vacant.
- Russell Properties is obligated to help protect your property. Frequent drive-bys are made to see that the property exterior is well maintained and periodic interior inspections, as authorized by the tenant's lease agreement, are made by our management representatives. Where inconsistencies are noted, tenants are notified of necessary corrective action and the owner is advised.
- Your property is presented throughout the rental marketplace.
- As members of the local board of REALTORS, we share our vacancy listings with other members.
- Russell Properties is always aware of current market conditions and therefore we make every effort to rent your property at its highest value.
- Our computer system and digital camera files enable us to maintain an exhaustive list of all features that make your property desirable and special.
- Rent is due on the first of each month and late on the 2nd. Late notices are sent at the appropriate intervals and removal proceedings are initiated if the tenant does not make immediate payment arrangements.
- We pride ourselves on the quality of tenants we have been able to attract. We want reliable and qualified tenants just as much as you do and Russell Properties tenant screening and lease procedures help to ensure this.
- A thorough credit check is made before any lease is signed. This process includes a credit history review with the credit bureau, employment verification, and a check of any eviction histories. Russell Properties also contacts all appropriate references, including past landlords.
- The use of proper legal forms, deposit forms and other legal documents is always an integral part of the way we work.
- We make every effort to keep vacancies to a minimum and re-lease a property as soon as possible. Our vacancies average three weeks.
- If a tenant does decide to move, the property must pass a thorough checkout inspection. The tenant will then be released from the Lease Agreement and the security deposit returned. This minimizes the preparation and turn-around time before your property is re-leased. A property condition report will not be made until the tenant has removed all furnishings and other personal belongings, and the tenant will not be permitted to re-enter the property once the property condition report is complete.